Paleo Nutty Chicken Casserole
This nutty chicken casserole is so quick and easy to prepare and don’t forget delicious. We’ve adapted our original recipe slightly to make it Paleo friendly. By including the peanut or nut butter with the yoghurt this dish is made creamy and moreish. We've ending it off with a sprinkling of coriander, giving it just enough freshness to brings all the flavours together.
Paleo nutty chicken casserole
1 chilli, seeded and chopped
15 ml ginger, grated
2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
30 g fresh coriander
10 ml water
10 ml oil for frying
4 chicken breast fillets, cubed
1 onion, chopped
5 – 10 ml ground cumin
75 – 100 ml crunchy peanut butter or nut butter of your choice
250 ml Greek yoghurt
50 ml chicken stock
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
coriander, roughly chopped, for garnish
- Place chilli, ginger, garlic, coriander and water in a food processor and blend until a paste forms.
- Meanwhile heat an AMC 24 cm Gourmet Dome Fry Pan or Roaster over a medium temperature until the Visiotherm®️ reaches the first red area.
- Cover base with oil and add chicken pieces to unit, brown on all sides. Remove from unit and set aside. Sauté onions until soft before adding cumin and paste, cook for 1 minute further.
- Return chicken to unit and stir in peanut butter, yoghurt and stock. Cover with lid, reduce temperature, and simmer for 5 – 7 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Season to taste and garnish with coriander, serve with sweet potato mash or cauliflower rice.
- Use Bulgarian yoghurt instead of Greek yoghurt, adding it at the end of the cooking process.
- If you do not have crunchy peanut butter add 30 – 50 ml chopped cashews instead.